Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Inlaid die cutting

I was inspired by the Waffle Flower February Challenge and I tried the inlaid die cutting technique for the first tim, and I like the result. I first stamped some flower images (Waffle Flowers "Loved" stamp set) in a variety of colors, clustered in an area of the panel. I then die cut the word "Happy" from that panel and also from a piece of red card stock. I adhered a piece of typing paper on the back of the front panel and placed in the red Happy. I then stamped the word "birthday" right under, in light grey. I trimmed the height of the panel and mounted with foam on a top folding light grey card (Fog from SSS). To finish it up, I brushed two coats of Wink of Stella on the "Happy."







5 comments:

  1. your card is gorgeous.. thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Crafts February Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet and pretty!! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Great job with the inlaid technique: ) great to have you playing along at Waffleflowercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Great job with the inlaid technique: ) great to have you playing along at Waffleflowercrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh! It is super pretty! Lovey! Simple but sweet card! Thank you for joining us at Waffle Flower February Challenge!

    ReplyDelete