Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Space birthday party invitation (Paper Smooches)

I created an invitation to a space-themed birthday party using the "Space Cadet" stamp set by Paper Smooches. Here's the front of the invitation.


To make it, I first create the space background on a piece of watercolor card stock, by adding several layers of watercolors (and after seeing watching several tutorials on youtube). Once it was dry, I added some splatters in white mixed with a shimmer mist. I also stamped a few stars in white pigment ink. On a separate piece of paper, I stamped the images and color them with watercolors as well. I then used the matching dies to cut them out and adhere them on the front panel (some with glue, others with foam to add dimension). I prepared the base of the card (cement card stock from Paper Source, which was previously printed on the back with the party information) by stamping some stars all around the edges in white pigment ink. I then glued the watercolor piece onto the base. I added some Wink of Stella on the rocket and the moon, and glossy accent on the window of the rocket.


I made 25 of them!



I am sending off the party invitation to the Paper Smooches February Challenge "Fun and Cute"







1 comment: