I started this card by stamping in Versamark ink several flowers from Paper Smooches Calico stamp set to cover a piece of white cardstock. I heat embossed them in white, and then I blended several distress ink in a rainbow order to achieve a "resist" effect. I cleaned off some of the extra ink that had stuck to the flowers, and I like how they pop against the bright colors. I set the panel aside and worked on the sentiment. I die cut the word "happy" from gold glitter and black cardstock, and glued them together, but a little bit off to create a shadow effect with the black die cut. I stamped the rest of the sentiment in Versamark ink on a piece of black cardstock, heat embossed it in white, and cut it in a banner shape. To assemble the card, I glued the ink blended panel on a A2 size white note card; I took a frost sheet (from Tim Holtz) and cut it smaller than the card, using a stitched rentable die; I adhered the frost sheet to the card front using clear foam tape in places that would be covered by the sentiment; and lastly I glued the word happy, and foam mounted the banner strip.
I am sending off this card to the Paper Smooches May Challenge: Rainbow



OH MY OH MY! I just looooooove this Mother's day card--- full of bright/fun colors and that silvery sentiment--- WOWZA! AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with our May Rainbow challenge--I hope you will play along with the June Layers challenge (starts Wednesday!!)! <3
ReplyDelete