Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ink blending and lines

For my card today I started with blending some distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, picked raspberry) onto a piece of white cardstock. I then stamped with black ink some outline flowers and leaves, clustered on one side of the paper. I die cut the "happy" word from black cardstock and black fun foam, to make it thicker, glue them together and then glue it on the panel. I stamped the word "birthday" on white cardstock and cut it in a banner shape, and adhere it at the bottom of the panel. I prepared my card base from white card stock as well, folding it in a landscape top folding card. I adhered a strip of black and white washi tape at the bottom of the front of the card base, and adhered the panel previously prepared right above it, with fun foam behind to add dimension, and trimmed it to fit on the card base. I finish off the card by adding three drops of glossy accent. 






And I am playing with CASology Week 155




6 comments:

  1. Fantastic ink blending, and I love how you interpreted lines to be those line flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I love the ombre background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one gorgeous card, Monica! I love the ink blending! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I love that ombre look & that bold die cut placed so perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the blending- it's beautiful! Such a great card. Thank you so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this is not a winner card..
    I will choose this as a winner
    cool sentiment
    cool color combo
    and I think I have to buy that circle flower stamp
    so adorable made Monica
    perfecto

    ReplyDelete