Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Let's celebrate

For today's card, I first applied Versamark ink over the diagonal bars stencil (from My Favorite Things), and then white heat embossed it. Using a ink blending tool, I blended three distress inks: peacock feathers, evergreen bough, and mustard seed. I trimmed down the panel and layered it with a black piece of cardstock off-kiltered and adhered them on a top-folding, white note card. On a piece of black cardstock, I heat embossed in white the sentiment, and mounted with foam tape on the card. I finished it off with a few clear sequins (from SSS). 


I was inspired by:








6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really love how this card turned out! You gave it such a sense of modern sophistication with the diagonal bars and I like how they blend those amazing colors together. The pops of black give it a great energetic vibe and I think it was genius of you to use a sentiment that is so versatile. Phenomenal work here and I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous, Monica! I love that inked background! What a great take on the inspiration! Thanks for joining us at the Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful coloring, love the colors and the little bit of black with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ink blending is just perfection! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete