Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Fall Birthday Card


Later this month it's my brother-in-law birthday, and I made a fall inspired birthday card for him. I made my own leafy background by stamping two different leaves in Versamark and then heat embossing with clear powder, on a Hero Arts note card. I then chose three distress inks (mustard seed, spiced marmalade, and forest moss) and blended them with a blending tool on a piece of white cardstock. I used the "Happy" die cut from Mama Elephant to cut the inked piece of cardstock, plus other three times from white cardstock, to create a thicker embellishment. I stamped in brown the rest of the sentiment and cut it in a banner shape. I adhered the die cut and the banner to the card together with three little "candy dots" that coordinate nicely with the colors of the "happy" die cut. I finally covered with glossy accent the word die and the three dots.




I am entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes; Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - August 2015; and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Trio of Colors

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so beautiful. Love the fabulous sentiment. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete