Today I played with embossing paste. On my craft sheet, I mixed three distress inks each with a little bit of white embossing paste. The colors are spun sugar, shaded lilac, and peacock feathers. I placed the Diagonal Bars stencil (from MFT) over a piece of heavy weight white cardstock and spread a thin layer of colored paste with a knife palette. I let the colors overlap a little bit, I think it makes a nice effect. After removing and washing my stencil and tools, I let the paste dry and worked on the sentiment. I white heat embossed the sentiment "Welcome baby" (from SSS) on a piece of vellum, together with some small bow ties. I wrapped the strip of vellum around the panel with the paste and secured it with some strong tape adhesive, and then glued the whole onto a side-folded note card. Lastly, I glued a few clear sequins to add some sparkle.
I was inspired by the colors of MFT Color Challenge 28
And I am playing along with:




What lovely work!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)
ReplyDeleteOmg, we ae on the same wavelength... I made a similar background today using modeling paste mixed with acrylic paint! My stencil is a Heidi Swapp, but it looks just the same! I had too much paste out, though, so I busted out 3 cards with different stencils. Ill post tomorrow. Love your card! Great taste, haha!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of your Trio of Color! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Monday Challenge. Cheers Nicole
ReplyDeleteGreat texture!! love how you used this stencil! :) Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the gorgeous colored paste and the vellum piece, so pretty! So glad you joined us at MFT!
ReplyDelete